DAILY CHALLENGE RECIPE – APPETIZER
Savory Zucchini Fritters
- 2 cup(s)zucchinishredded (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 3 largeegg(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s)coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s)sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s)black pepperfreshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s)coconut oilor bacon grease
- Shred zucchini by hand or in a food processor (rough chop) and set aside (if it is very wet, lightly blot it dry with a paper towel).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs together.
- Sift coconut flour into eggs and beat together. Note: coconut flour often has clumps, which is why sifting is important.
- Mix shredded zucchini, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper together, and combine with egg mixture.
- Meanwhile, set a large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. ? When hot, add coconut oil or bacon grease to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan in desired sized fritters.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Optional: add other spices or fresh herbs to the recipe in step 4.