DAILY CHALLENGE RECIPE – DINNER
Chicken Cutlets w/ Olives and Tomatoes
- 4chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s)olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 mediumlemon(s), juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s)sea salt(optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s)black pepperfreshly ground
- 6 mediumgarlic clove(s)chopped
- 1 largeonion(s)chopped
- 1 can(s)tomatoes, plum (28 oz)drained and chopped or equivalent amount of fresh plum tomatoes, blanched to remove skin and chopped
- 18 mediumolives, blackdrained, pitted, and chopped (about 1/2 can)
- 3 tablespoon(s)parsley, freshchopped fine (divided)
- 2 teaspoon(s)thyme, freshchopped
- Marinate chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for 30 to 60 minutes, turning often.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet sauté garlic and onions in remaining olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and olives and sauté for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
- Add 1 tablespoon parsley and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in oven proof baking dish. Cover with sautéed mixture and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Cover, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.